In this video, PipeFriendCHS gives a few tips on how to clean a tobacco pipe after smoking.
- Tap out the burnt tobacco ashes from your pipe. If there is any loose tobacco in the bowl, stir it with a scoop lightly. Avoid scratching the inside bowl.
- Unscrew the mouthpiece from the stem of the pipe.
- Insert your pipe cleaner through the stem; making sure it reaches to the inside of the bowl.
- Run the pipe cleaner through the mouthpiece.
- Voila! Your pipe is clean.
Some pipe smokers will leave a pipe cleaner in the pipe for extra time to soak up any extra debris.
Let your pipe rest for 24 hours before smoking with it again. It's nice to have a few tobacco pipes availabe for pipe rotation.
A pipe will build up a caking around the inside of the bowl, which is a good thing, and adds flavor to the smoke.